Notifications

[Sticky] Out of Tragedy, a Community is Born  

RSS
Red & Howling
(@redandhowling)
Obsessed Dog Lady Admin
A year ago, a friend reached out to me.  She was in immense pain. Her suffering was so raw and acute, I could feel it pouring out of her message.  She asked if I would post something in honor of her beloved bullmastiff, Bella who recently passed away. Bella was her life and heart.  As I looked through my drawings, I realized that I had nothing that dealt with the important topic of  pet loss.  I  was determined to ease my friend's pain with my art and I think Bella was nudging me along the way because I immediately sat down and started to write and draw a story for Bella and art is usually a much more tortured process for me.  I frequently stopped writing and sketching to hug my dog, Isabelle.  I needed her close as I composed a story about goodbye.

What began as a story for Bella grew into a story for everyone who has ever loved and lost a cherished nonhuman family member.  The more I wrote, the more I thought about everyone who goes through this horrible event and often many times in a lifetime. The response to the illustrated video that I created  for Bella was greater than anything I could have ever imagined, it has been viewed and shared by millions. On a weekly basis, I hear from people who have lost their best friends and soulmates.  They feel an unbearable pain that seems to have no escape and no reprieve.  I write back with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart.  My messages are always filled with kind words and hopefully some comfort, but it isn't enough for someone who has been blindsided by an insurmountable loss.  It's like putting a bandaid on a gushing artery.  

I've often thought how wonderful it would be, if these people who write to me could connect and talk about their love and loss.  I've always felt that I wanted to do more than write back an email, so I really hope this community becomes a special place of comfort, healing, and love for all of you.

June 13th, 2018 will mark the one year anniversary that beautiful Bella left this earth.  I cannot think of a more perfect way to honor Bella than launching this Community on this day.  Thank you Bella for inspiring me to create my video that continues to bring many comfort and now a community of support and love.  We love you Bella!  

Screen Shot 2018 06 08 at 11.41.38 AM

Bella the beautiful

Animals are my favorite kind of people.
Visit my Red & Howling Shop

Posted : 06/06/2018 3:00 pm
Bella Bullmastiffs Mom
(@bellabullmastiff)

I wanted to have something written before the launch of the site but I'm not clear minded right now and I know I wouldn't  write anything worthy of my girl. I so wanted to be the first post but I don't see that happening. When I think of saying good bye I can't see through the tears.  It was a year ago that I lost my best friend, my family, my silly goose, my Bella Bear.  She deserves so much more than a few words.  It was because of Bella and Red & Howling that my girls legacy lives on. Bella's love touched so many people while she was on this earth and she continues to spread her magic from the bridge.   I promise to write more of the girl behind the video and the friendship that has no end.  So many others can understand, sometimes  just getting though the day without that smile and wag when you walk into a room is an accomplishment.  Today, I will get through the day.   Why unconditional love causes so much pain?  

heart beach

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2018 7:56 pm
Samthesuperdog
(@samthesuperdog)
Fantastic Member

Love lasts a lifetime - thank you for sharing this beautiful photo of your darling girl ❤️

Sue

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 3:37 am
Red & Howling
(@redandhowling)
Obsessed Dog Lady Admin

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photo of Bella with the heart in the sand and your words.  We will be here when you're ready to share.  Sending hugs and much love. xo

Animals are my favorite kind of people.
Visit my Red & Howling Shop

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2018 9:18 am
Pegacorn liked
Murphythebnbdog
(@murphythebnbdog)

Beautiful Bella and what a wonderful memorial to her x

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2018 5:38 am
Beye3902
(@beye3902)
Good Member

(((HUGS)))

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2018 11:39 am
Pegacorn
(@pegacorn)
Great Member

Where would be that video? I'm a gonna need it soon.  Edit: I found it and Thank You!  ❤️  ❤️  ❤️ 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Pegacorn
ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2018 5:51 pm
Doslittlechihuahuas
(@doslittlechihuahuas)
Great Member

I know how you feel...I deeply do. On 6/30 was six months I lost my Souki. My heart has a huge hole in it. Some days are easier than others and I’m doing my best to give my little Lola the best I can❤️🐾🙏🏻.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/07/2018 4:18 pm
Pegacorn liked
Share:

Buy art. Do good.
shop.redandhowling.com
©2019 redandhowling.com All rights reserved