My best friends, Kassie, Pip and Rush  

RSS
KassiePip
(@kassiepip)
Good Member

Back in August, I shared with you the loss of Kassie, my best friend and my lifeline.  She was my anchor in this world, my reason for getting up and facing each day.  She came into my life at a time when I was frankly suicidal and was so friendly and full of life that she dragged me back into the world, forcing me to interact with people because she saw everyone as a person who wanted and needed to pat her.  I was devastated by her loss but managed to keep functioning because we had other fur kids who needed me.  My world was rocked again in September when we had to say goodbye to Rush.  We rescued poor Rushy as an older dog, the poor girl was always just desperate for love and attention and no matter how much we had to give her I don't think it ever made up for her early years when she was shut in a shed and just brought out to either be shown or used in breeding.  She was such a gentle soul and deserved a much better start to life than she had.  Then in October my world fell apart when we had to say goodbye to Pip.  Pip was my kindred spirit dog, my little anxious dog - shared so many traits and I could so relate to her. 

I am completely devastated and feel so alone in my grief.  And my heart aches for Pip - by the time we lost her I think people were fed up with our losses and it feels like everyone just overlooked her passing.  Everyone around me just keeps on going about their lives, sharing their dramas and worries and no one seems to care or even realise that I don't care about anything. My world has ended.  We still have Seffy but she is more my Mum's dog than mine and so doesn't really need me.  

IMG 0137

From left to Right: Kassie, Pip, Rushy and Seffy. I'm sorry to let all of this out here but losing my furry family members and the complete lack of care from those around me has made me realise how few real friends I have and my family has never understood that my animals are the reason I am still alive.  I feel so alone and things don't feel like they are getting better.  

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by KassiePip
ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2018 11:01 pm
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Fantastic Member

I can understand you totally .. I still miss my boys Oscar(29 -10-2012) Remy(28-08-2015) and Benny(10-06-2016) and the behaviour and comments of people around me made me so angry , there is one neighbour I still wont speak to after they talked about replacing Benny less than 5 hours after he died.

Not now, not tomorrow, but one day..somewhere, out there is a dog waiting for you. Waiting for the love and understanding you have, Kassie Pip and Rushy have given you the skills and understanding to offer a wounded soul a place to call home and a human to love.

Things will get better and the wounds will start to heal, Im not saying they ever fully heal because Im in tears just thinking about you and your pain and my boys and the way my heart still aches but please know you are not alone and one day the good days will outnumber the bad ones and the tears will be for old friends and old times and they will be softer than they are today.

Take care of yourself and know there are people who understand..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 12:17 am Griff Mom and KassiePip liked
KassiePip
(@kassiepip)
Good Member

Thank you  ❤️ 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 1:39 am
MariaandNikita
(@mariaandnikita)
Fantastic Member

I’m so sorry to hear this @kassiepie Sending all my love your way ❤️ You’re in the right place we Red & Howlers all love our animals and they are our world so we feel your pain! I can’t imagine loosing my whole furry family within that short time:( If you ever need to talk about your beautiful animals or anything else we are here for you ❤️

@kitispie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 7:40 am Griff Mom liked
PharmacySheep
(@pharmacysheep)
Fantastic Member

@kassiepip I am so sorry for the loss of your family members. Not everyone understands that our beloved dogs are family and we will grieve for them like family. We are a community of animal lovers. We are a safe place to share your love of your fur babies. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 7:29 pm
AussieGoldies
(@aussiegoldies)
Great Member

What a beautiful pack ❤️  I am so sorry for your losses of your Kassie, Rush and Pip, in such a short span of time.  I can understand your heartbreak.  It's so difficult when they have to leave us.  Have faith that your heart will heal and you will, in time, remember your gorgeous pups with more smiles and less pain. 

We're here for any time you want to talk about your pups.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2018 11:32 pm
Share: