Notifications

Oscar  

RSS
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member

After my old boy Max had died I didnt want another dog I just wanted Max, but one night we woke up to intruders in the house. The next day which happend to be my birthday we went to the rescue center and adopted a young skinny border collie called Oscar who had been seized by police and animal welfare. When my vet saw Oscar the exam showed the real extent of the abuse he had suffered. At only 8 months old he had been starved to half his body weight, shot with an air gun in the leg, ear, and eye and he had suffered broken ribs which had healed on their own leaving him with a permenant dent in his side. Despite this he was the most loving dog ever.  Oscar never looked at you he looked into you he knew what you thought and felt.

He took care of Remy and made sure that damaged little boy never got into trouble.

Friends said he was my soul mate, but he developed heart failure and on the 28 Oct I knew it was time. That last night I lay there and watched him breathe knowing it was my last few hours with my boy and my heart broke. At 9.10 on 29 Oct 2012 Oscar slipped away from us. That same day I placed this memorial.. The following day I stood at the door with Benny and Remy  not knowing how to face people without him but as I opened the door a rainbow hung in the sky above our house. One year later the same thing..Last year I was working and I told the person I was with that it was Oscars memorial day, she touched my arm and said 'look' pointing  outside where  a rainbow shone through the clouds.  The time just after 9am... He was and still is very very special.

Posted : 25/06/2018 11:27 am
nurswitch
(@nurswitch)
Good Member

Sweet Boy! I will think of Oscar every time I see a rainbow.🌈

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2018 4:17 pm
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member

Its six years now.. But I still miss him , its been a weekend of rainbows and each one has bought a tear to my eye knowing this day was coming.. Tomorrow I will be looking skywards in the hope of another rainbow.

DSCN3671

DSCN3743
This post was modified 1 year ago by Mad Murphy
ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2018 7:42 am
PharmacySheep
(@pharmacysheep)
Fantastic Member

@mad-murphy These precious creatures are truly members of our family and they take a piece of our heart when they leave 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2018 4:45 pm
Griff Mom
(@griff-mom)
Fantastic Member

@mad-murphy What a beautiful tribute to an amazing pup!  To think of what he went through and to be so loving.  These guys teach us so much!  My Woody has been with us  a little over 2 years and is a little human inside a dog body.  He came to us very underweight as well, massive ear infections, scars on his elbows, tummy and distended nipples (probably from having to sleep on concrete) and lots of PTSD.  It's taken lots of time and love to replace those bad memories with good ones.  He is my little protector now and knows just when to hop on my lap when I'm stressed.  They make the world a better place.

20180517 124011 001
ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2018 2:45 pm
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member

@Griff Mom dogs never fail to amaze me with their loving and forgiving nature, I think humans could learn a lot about forgiveness by spending more time with dogs.

Really pleased to hear your boy has made such progress,  love can work wonders..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/10/2018 1:26 am
Mayor Puppypants
(@http-shannonspring-com)
Outstanding Member

They are all angels. I’m so sorry for both of your losses. Rainbows are one VERY clear sign they are saying hi mom, hi dad, I’m right here. ❤️❤️🌈🌈🦋🦋

Devoted Dog Mom, Free Spirited Cool Cat
Facebook/MayorPuppypants

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/10/2018 11:01 am
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member
Posted by: Mayor Puppypants

They are all angels. I’m so sorry for both of your losses. Rainbows are one VERY clear sign they are saying hi mom, hi dad, I’m right here. ❤️❤️🌈🌈🦋🦋

Im sorry but I dont believe in all the mumbo jumbo sky fairy stuff.  The rainbow is a fantastic reminder of Oscar but he is gone and remains only in my memories..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 8:35 am
Mayor Puppypants
(@http-shannonspring-com)
Outstanding Member

I’m sorry to hear that. Please don’t call it mumbo jumbo though. ❤️  It does a disservice to the wonderful pets who’ve come through for their people, and the people who’ve been brought peace and love. I’d encourage you to learn more or keep an open mind. I do wish you peace in your grief. Please be respectful of others beliefs too. In fact, for me it’s not my beliefs, it’s my own experiences, which have changed my life and many others. 🌈🦋🐾❤️ This whole community is to support each other and that includes Mayor Puppypants and I.  I’ve lost 9 dogs and still grieve them decades later. Thankfully my whole worlds been opened by them and my first hand experiences. I don’t judge or fault others for doubting, grief is the worst. I just ask them not to judge mine. 

Devoted Dog Mom, Free Spirited Cool Cat
Facebook/MayorPuppypants

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2018 11:50 am
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member
Posted by: Mayor Puppypants

I’m sorry to hear that. Please don’t call it mumbo jumbo though. ❤️  It does a disservice to the wonderful pets who’ve come through for their people, and the people who’ve been brought peace and love. I’d encourage you to learn more or keep an open mind. I do wish you peace in your grief. Please be respectful of others beliefs too. In fact, for me it’s not my beliefs, it’s my own experiences, which have changed my life and many others. 🌈🦋🐾❤️ This whole community is to support each other and that includes Mayor Puppypants and I.  I’ve lost 9 dogs and still grieve them decades later. Thankfully my whole worlds been opened by them and my first hand experiences. I don’t judge or fault others for doubting, grief is the worst. I just ask them not to judge mine. 

Im sorry maybe I should have said quasi religious practice,  also when you speak of respect please respect that not everyone wants to, or is allowed by their faith to indulge in the things you claim to do.

I have an open mind in that I have studied various religious belief systems and believe that everyone is entitled to their own faith but that it is a personal thing  and it should be kept that way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2018 3:20 pm
Share:

Buy art. Do good.
shop.redandhowling.com
©2019 redandhowling.com All rights reserved