Do you ever wonder....  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member

what your dog would do if you had an accident while out?

Well this evening as we walked along I saw a JRT coming towards us and decided to cross the road to avoid it. (the owner lets it run barking at the end of its flexi line) but as I walked into the road my foot snagged in what I discovered later was a wire loop a bit like a snare and I fell flat on my face smacking my hands and knees onto the road. I'll admit I swore ...loudly!

As I recovered and started to get up I realised that Murphy had not pulled or panicked but was standing absolutetly still right next to my head, he waited while I got myself up and checked my hands and only when I told him did he walk on.
I hadnt let go of the lead but it wouldnt have taken much for him to pull away while I was laid out on the tarmac and run off into the road so Im really proud of my normally quite nervous boy for sticking by me and not leaving my side... He got big hugs and an extra biscuit when we got home...

Im recovering with a very bruised knee and some bad grazing to my hands but I didnt break anything so Im counting myself lucky  and pleased I can count on Murphy not to bolt if I ever fall again.

Posted : 10/01/2019 5:48 am
TheOneWithTheThumbs
(@theonewiththethumbs)
Outstanding Member

So glad you weren't seriously injured!  Here it seems pedestrians are struck by a vehicle almost daily.  One local neighborhood said they had one a day for the last 6 days!    

Super scratches to you, Murphy!  Good job!!  🤩 

I don't know what my boy would do, but my girl has jerked the leash out of my hand several times.  When there is no tension, she stops and looks at me like "well! the game is i pull and you yell! letting go is cheating!" lol.  I'm tempted to challenge Brick...   😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2019 3:51 pm
MariaandNikita
(@mariaandnikita)
Fantastic Member

Glad to hear you’re ok @mad-murphy! Nikita would definitely stay by my side. I like to hide on her when we’re out on our walks and she always comes running looking for me when she can’t see me and she don’t give up until she sees that I’m ok:) She’s such a good girl:)

@kitispie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2019 6:35 pm
AmongTrees
(@amongtrees)
Fantastic Member

What a good boy, Murphy!  I'm glad your fall was not more serious.  

I do worry if I keel over in the forest while walking the dogs, that they wouldn't be safe.  They have ID and are micro-chipped, but sometimes I'm in a large, remote area with no one around.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2019 3:04 am
PharmacySheep
(@pharmacysheep)
Fantastic Member

Glad to hear you are ok. My Cocoa always stays pretty close to us so I know if something happened to me or my husband she wouldn’t go anywhere.

A8955C6A F5E8 4E0C A212 BE453CCFFA57

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2019 6:01 am
Griff Mom
(@griff-mom)
Fantastic Member

Good question to ponder.  My guess is that my ever protective Woody would stay by my side.  He jumps in my lap any time I'm upset, and he's not exactly a lap-type dog.  Waggle would run in circles or run off.  Both of them are micro-chipped and have collars with their names and our phone number embroidered into the nylon.

I worry about something happening when we aren't at home.  This past year in Paradise, California, many of the people who lost their homes to the fires, weren't able to get home to get to their pets.  So sad.

20181106 102433
ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2019 10:53 am
Griff Mom
(@griff-mom)
Fantastic Member

Good question to ponder.  My guess is that my ever protective Woody would stay by my side.  He jumps in my lap any time I'm upset, and he's not exactly a lap-type dog.  Waggle would run in circles or run off.  Both of them are micro-chipped and have collars with their names and our phone number embroidered into the nylon.

I worry about something happening when we aren't at home.  This past year in Paradise, California, many of the people who lost their homes to the fires, weren't able to get home to get to their pets.  So sad.

20181106 102433
ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2019 10:54 am
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member

@Griff Mom  such terrible things  happened during the wildfires with pets being trapped or abandoned.

We have a mini cam that I can see inside our home via my phone and a sticker on the door for the emergency services to tell them there are pets inside the house. Just in case anything did happen while we were out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2019 4:01 am
Griff Mom
(@griff-mom)
Fantastic Member

@mad-murphy    You are an amazing member!  Thanks for the idea of camera and sticker.  We have a mini cam and will set it up.  I had forgot about this.  Also the door sticker is a great idea not only for emergency services, but also to let any potential burglars know they will encounter dogs.  Though Woody's bark is enough to scare even me sometimes!

@red&howling  Would you consider doing emergency door stickers and perhaps cards in your style?  After some research, the ones out there are pretty dull.  See picture.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2019 8:48 am
Griff Mom
(@griff-mom)
Fantastic Member

Sorry, it should be @redandhowling  please see above request/post.    😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2019 8:51 am
MariaandNikita
(@mariaandnikita)
Fantastic Member

I  have a sticker on the door as well:) They were giving them away at the pet store if you don’t have one you can always ask:) I have my Furbo dog camera which is kind of a mini cam too.. I can see Nikita and talk to her and send her treats and see what is going on. I’m also carry this “ID-card” for Nikita if something happens to me:) Nikita also got a tag like that:)

I like the idea of a @redandhowling door sticker and emergency card! Would be way cuter than the one I have!! Would love that! Great idea @griff-mom 

47E11A6E 6952 465A B719 97B5C2022896
0672FBCC 5EC8 4EF8 9CB7 FD8B0B883743
6BA42ACD E15E 4534 A51D 1C76CAD4DF4B
31B19ED2 3E38 4E77 8B2C 182333FC229D

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by MariaandNikita

@kitispie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2019 9:21 am
Griff Mom
(@griff-mom)
Fantastic Member

@MariaandNikita  I love Nikita's ID!   Almost like a driver's license - ha!  Yes, I must find something like this, or @redandhowling ????  hint hint....   😉 

I've seen the Furbo commercials and my first thought would be that my pups wouldn't stop with one treat.  A thorough dissection would take place and the unit would be toast.  Reviews of the Furbo mention that same thing.  I think it's a great idea though, especially for smaller pups.

So many great ideas here... so many great fur baby Moms!  Thanks so much!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2019 10:37 am
MariaandNikita
(@mariaandnikita)
Fantastic Member

@griff-mom I love my Furbo love spying at Nikita at work 😂

It is suppose to look at a licence they do tons of different provinces and states. The company is called Tags for Hope and every tag purchased provides an animal in need with food, treatment and shelter:) 

@kitispie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2019 10:58 am
Griff Mom liked
Griff Mom
(@griff-mom)
Fantastic Member

@MariaandNikita  LOVE that!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2019 11:02 am
PharmacySheep
(@pharmacysheep)
Fantastic Member

We have 3 cameras set up in the house so that we can see Cocoa sleeping in her beds while we’re at work

C5051EDD 1477 4836 9EB7 72B9B7B37729

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2019 8:06 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Would you like to receive my Red & Howling Cartoons, Helpful Pet Tips & More - delivered to your inbox for free every week? Get in on the fun and join over 300K+ Red & Howling fans by signing up now!

Buy art. Do good.
shop.redandhowling.com
©2019 redandhowling.com All rights reserved