Notifications
Clear all

Do you hear voices?

TheOneWithTheThumbs
(@theonewiththethumbs)
Fantastic Member

Ok, just how far left of center am i?  Does anyone else "hear" their dog's voice?  

I was looking at @griff-mom BRRR pic...  thinking "i bet he has an english accent.."  but then after looking another minute i could also hear the 'surfer dude' accent aka Bill and Ted.  lol

Sometimes i think if Maybe could talk she'd have that raspy old woman smoker's voice.  Other times i think she'd have a touch of Ursula the sea witch in her.  But i guarantee she swears like a truck driver!  🤣 

"@$%^&*!"

37361196 10156508265238890 9183085192078688256 n

Brick...  he always has such a derp look, and he's somewhat cross-eyed...  so he would definitely speak in prepubescent boy!  But sweetly.  Like little boys do  😊 

42325048 10156668541713890 1382724167865991168 n

"i dun kno what she doin mama"

Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2019 2:49 pm
Griff Mom
(@griff-mom)
Fantastic Member

@theonewiththethumbs  You crack me up!

Yes, I hear their voices and sometimes speak for them to my husband.  haha!  Woody is definitely the surfer, cool dude type.  So like he's not going to be doing anything without there being something in it for him.  I love that about him, very independent and chill, except around small dogs (but that's a whole other issue).

Waggle on the other hand is rough and tumble, all about PLAY-WITH-ME, chase squirrels, balls, and whatever dog.  Her voice and attitude to me is like Dory the fish in Finding Nemo.  Just keep playing fetch, Mom, please oh please oh please!!!  haha!

P1010096
ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2019 3:11 pm
Griff Mom
(@griff-mom)
Fantastic Member

Here's Waggle picking out her favorite toy and our local store.

Waggle
This post was modified 5 years ago by Griff Mom
ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2019 3:12 pm
TheOneWithTheThumbs
(@theonewiththethumbs)
Fantastic Member

@griff-mom ... "Dory"   🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣   you can see the pleading in Waggles eyes "I can haz dis one?"  😍 

This was a monday. i was tired. i asked the dogs if i could sit for just one minute before we engaged..  Maybe jumped right up and quietly sat next to me.  Then there's Brick "are ya dun? we can do game now? we play now? rest over now?" 

27972170 10156097624718890 4914849398909669017 n

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2019 3:49 pm
Griff Mom liked
Griff Mom
(@griff-mom)
Fantastic Member

@theonewiththethumbs  Maybe and Brick help balance each other, yes?

Yes, Waggle has short term memory like Dory as well.  We can just finish a play session because she is panting (she tends to overheat anyway), then it's "oh look, here's the ball, Mom!  Let's play!  Whaatt?  We just finished?  No, I'm not tired, really!"

Woody was a rescue transferred from Maui humane and loves the sun.  Today is rainy here near Seattle, so they chillin' a bit.  Snow is predicted for the weekend.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2019 4:06 pm
TheOneWithTheThumbs
(@theonewiththethumbs)
Fantastic Member

they could not be more opposite in everything!  but i don't guess i could handle two of either one of them!  🤣 

Oh that is a huge climate dif @griff-mom!  Both of mine were transported from Arizona to California.  I sometimes wonder - if their parents were born and raised in AZ, are they predetermined to a hotter climate?  But Brick is like Waggle - totally overheats, but five minutes later wants to play more!  I got one of those blue "as seen on TV" cooling mats for him and he LOVES it. In the summer time i have to move it room to room for him (fam room during the day, bedroom at night)  He always sleeps in my knee pit, but gets hot, lays on his mat until he cools down, then back to my knee pits. 

He never bothers to ask if I'M comfortable!  🤭

Brick's nosework teacher goes to a lot of seminars, further learning stuffs, and she recently told me that a new study shows that a dog's development can be stunted - just like a child - after a traumatic event.  If that is true - it explains everything!  Brick was "attacked" at 8 months (it was an accident!) and he got stuck, mentally, at 8 months.  He is my perpetual toddler...  i can't imagine him ever being an old man, arthritic joints and bad teeth {in toothless old man voice} "tired? no tired. throw ball...  what doin? where'd ball go?" ('cause "ADD")  😆 🤣 😆

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by TheOneWithTheThumbs
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2019 4:13 pm
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member

I think if Murphy could talk I'd understand one word in four.. My Friesian is not that great and I bet he would speak the local dialect ! Hes a bit of a mad crazy wild child with a touch of hidden hunter.. Maybe a childlike Elmer Fudd gong after the waskely wabbits with a giggle ..

Benny our beagle had a very bad start and never learned to play properly.. I think he would have had an upper crust English accent like Queen Victoria 'we are not amused'

1380202 205501496295818 1501096952 n

Whereas Remy, the daft one.. would have just sounded like a male version of Rose from the golden girls always half a step behind and permenently confused about the world

10410172 330185743827392 9096529474640245166 n

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2019 1:07 am
TheOneWithTheThumbs
(@theonewiththethumbs)
Fantastic Member

Benny wears well the "i am not amused" expression!  😆 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/02/2019 10:35 am
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member

As for this one.... Max a Bouvier des Flanders St Bernard cross...

He smelled like a mouldy rug even after a bath he would shake and all the nice smell of fresh shampoo and clear fur would vanish  leaving his old rug smell... (this is the dog who sang with the neighbour.)

There is only one voice that suits this dog and it was his nickname... The Wookie

90 (2)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2019 2:59 am
TheOneWithTheThumbs
(@theonewiththethumbs)
Fantastic Member

He's beautiful!!   😍 

*glad we don't yet have smell-o-vision  😉 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2019 3:38 pm
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member
Posted by: TheOneWithTheThumbs

He's beautiful!!   😍 

*glad we don't yet have smell-o-vision  😉 

😀 😀  😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2019 12:22 am
Share:

Want another Red & Howling Cartoon? 🎲🎲

Want to see another cartoon?

🐾 Have something to say?
Jump to comment section! 🐾

Want to get more of my cartoons, stories and fun freebies delivered right to your inbox?

Join my Red and Howling family now!

Need More Red and Howling Fun?
📬Join My Cartoon Newsletter
🎲Surprise Me With a Cartoon Now!

©2020 redandhowling.com All rights reserved

Red and Howling Happy Hour T-Shirt

(Also available at shop.redandhowling.com)