Fantastic Member

That's really interesting @mad-murphy.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/12/2018 8:01 am
Griff Mom
(@griff-mom)
Fantastic Member

@mad-murphy

Thanks for sharing the teasers and picture.  I'll be saving my toilet paper rolls now.  😆 

Arrrgggh about the fireworks.  Woody has a tough time with them as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/12/2018 9:44 am
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member
Posted by: Griff Mom

Arrrgggh about the fireworks.  Woody has a tough time with them as well.

I finally got a response from my local council. I had FB them and said I was no at the end of my tether and would no longer be held accountable for my actions Basil cowering in his cage Murphy barking at every bang while officially fireworks cant be let off until monday at 6pm. So if they didnt get out here and do something I would.

Its taken them 15 years but finally they sent one of their teams to check the neighbourhood and confiscate any fireworks they found.

The dutch are so calm and relaxed the rest of the year, their birthday parties are more boring than most of our funerals but at new year they turn into stupid mindless pyromanics chucking their mini bombs all over the streets..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/12/2018 2:10 pm
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member

Well Christmas was fun for Murphy and last night during all the new year madness we played a couple of games as learned at classes ( both treat based) to help him ignore the temporary war zone outside. Ive noticed that he is a calm dog who prefers to just lay under a table or behind a chair during this time and as long as the bangs dont get too loud or near hes fine.
The problem is the terrible suffering we witnessed in Remy , the shaking, the running wildly looking for cover, the drooling, the fixed staring eyes and the wetting himself in panic have stayed with us. Its like the fear transferred itself from that poor little dog to us so that while Murphy snoozed most of the time OH and myself were on a knife edge!
Maybe the games helped us humans more than Murphy but in any case he had fun and they cost nothing old loo roll tubes some pinched at the ends in a big bowl and the inside tray of a chocolate box which makes lovely scrunchy noises and can be prepped with spready things that have to be licked out or just little treats.

DSCN0795
DSCN0790
DSCN0788
DSCN0783

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2019 5:24 am
Page 4 / 4
Share:
Would you like to receive my Red & Howling Cartoons, Helpful Pet Tips & More - delivered to your inbox for free every week? Get in on the fun and join over 300K+ Red & Howling fans by signing up now!

Buy art. Do good.
shop.redandhowling.com
©2019 redandhowling.com All rights reserved