Acupuncture  

RSS
PharmacySheep
(@pharmacysheep)
Fantastic Member

Cocoa has some disc narrowing at the L1 in her spine (not 100% sure what all that means but I’m learning). So today She had her first acupuncture session. She was nervous but it went well. She will also be taking an herbal supplement that is supposed to help. Her conditions don’t effect her at all, she’s still an active happy wiggly pup. I’m just a worry wart and want to do whatever I possibly can to give her the best life.

0A5C9ABE 4943 4E58 9C05 463816391B57

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2018 5:34 pm Hazel Loves bLoomer, TheOneWithTheThumbs, Griff Mom and 1 people liked
PharmacySheep
(@pharmacysheep)
Fantastic Member

Has anyone else tried acupuncture, Chinese herbs, etc?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2018 5:37 pm
Hazel Loves bLoomer
(@hazel-loves-bloomer)
Fantastic Member

@PharmacySheep :

hope Cocoa feels and gets better...i haven't tried that yet but as far as i know it can relieve pain.. 

hugs and kisses,, 

bLoomer and Hazel  from the Philippines 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2018 6:50 pm PharmacySheep liked
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Fantastic Member

I havent tried acupuncture but I know several people who have said it can work wonders. My old BC had hydrotherapy and that really worked for him his muscles and back recovered really well and he got an extra two years of meaning ful life.. I hope this works for you..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2018 7:16 am PharmacySheep liked
Griff Mom
(@griff-mom)
Outstanding Member

She's so good to stay still.  Haven't tried acupuncture, but know many humans that do and find success!  Best of luck to you & Cocoa!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2018 10:49 am PharmacySheep liked
TheOneWithTheThumbs
(@theonewiththethumbs)
Great Member

Aww...  what a darling little hedgehog you have there!

I've got a friend who pays for all the holistic advice - but never takes it.  My boy's teacher swears by acupuncture.  If my girl's ankle gets any worse i'll have to look into it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2018 11:03 am PharmacySheep liked
TheOneWithTheThumbs
(@theonewiththethumbs)
Great Member

Curious, have you seen any change, @pharmacysheep? Like maybe she's more wiggly?  Or ... less wiggly?

I noticed over the weekend my girl limps more and more.  All those daredevil jumps out of her tree house will be her undoing.  🙄  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2018 4:29 pm PharmacySheep liked
PharmacySheep
(@pharmacysheep)
Fantastic Member

@theonewiththethumbs Her vet said it takes 3-6 sessions to see results. With the thanksgiving holiday, Cocoa’s 2nd session is the 28th. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 7:14 pm TheOneWithTheThumbs liked
PharmacySheep
(@pharmacysheep)
Fantastic Member

@theonewiththethumbs Oh! And she’s just as wiggly as ever 😂. The vet warned me that she could be sore the day after a session but she seemed to be her usual happy self 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 7:18 pm AussieGoldies and TheOneWithTheThumbs liked
AussieGoldies
(@aussiegoldies)
Great Member

@pharmacysheep, My Cosmo has hip dysplasia and he has regular acupuncture.  It helps him so much.  We started with one per week for six weeks and then once a month. 

One of my boy's Buster was flown from America to Australia and on his last leg, they put him in a kennel that was too small and he couldn't move much for three hours.  He arrived with a very sore and problematic back.  After a few acupuncture sessions, he was back to normal and didn't have any problems after that.

How is Cocoa?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2018 11:37 pm PharmacySheep liked
PharmacySheep
(@pharmacysheep)
Fantastic Member

Cocoa had her 2nd acupuncture session yesterday. She was a little nervous as usual but other than that she doesn’t feel any discomfort from the sessions

389FFED8 E980 4B9C 90C8 760F03FF481B

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2018 5:51 am
PharmacySheep
(@pharmacysheep)
Fantastic Member

Cocoa had her 3rd and last acupuncture session a couple of days ago. The vet said she showed good range of motion and doesn’t need anymore acupuncture for the time being. 

01700FD2 3FB9 4534 B7E8 19F528A5E7C9

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2018 7:28 pm MariaandNikita liked
MariaandNikita
(@mariaandnikita)
Fantastic Member

Yay Cocoa ❤️❤️❤️ @pharmacysheep

@kitispie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2018 8:34 pm PharmacySheep liked
Share: