Todays walk  

Page 1 / 7 Next
  RSS
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Fantastic Member

Could we try this?

Just add a little description of your day to day walk and maybe a photo? Maybe we can inspire each other to take more adventerous or just more interesting walks. Besides its nice to hear what other people do and what they see on thier walks.

I'll start..

I know we are lucky.there are lots of nature reserves round here and they allow dogs if they are kept on lead so thats where we go.. Murphy is a good boy and never barks at wildlife so we get the chance to see wonderful things. At the moment my favourites are the spoonbills,

DSCN9540
DSCN9582
DSCN9578

This topic was modified 4 months ago by Mad Murphy
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2018 8:37 am PharmacySheep, PositiveDog, AmongTrees and 1 people liked
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Fantastic Member

Today we took the same walk as yesterday but it was really grey and there was nothing much to see..

Hoping for better weather later this week and a chance ( now our visitors are gone) to go off for a picnic breakfast somewhere.

DSCN9601

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2018 2:26 am PositiveDog, Charlie and AmongTrees liked
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Fantastic Member

Has anyone else been out?

The sun made a brave effort here but there was too much cloud.. Murphy always finds something to look at though

DSCN9619

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2018 2:36 am PositiveDog, Charlie and AmongTrees liked
AmongTrees
(@amongtrees)
Fantastic Member

Here is Pompey out for a stroll in the sunny weather the other day.  

IMG 9082

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2018 3:51 am PositiveDog, Charlie and Mad Murphy liked
AmongTrees
(@amongtrees)
Fantastic Member

Happy Keezy in the woods.

IMG 8370

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2018 3:54 am PositiveDog, Charlie and Mad Murphy liked
AmongTrees
(@amongtrees)
Fantastic Member

Lots of pouring rain today, so no strolls for us.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2018 3:05 pm PositiveDog, Mad Murphy and Charlie liked
Charlie
(@charlie)
Great Member

We go out at 4.50am every day. This morning we walked  towards the local shopping strip so I can let Charlie off the leash. I will take a photo the next time we walk that way.
We do lots of dog parkour where Charlie goes "up" on seats and steps, and does "legs" where he just puts his front legs up on different shop window ledges and steps. He gives me the biggest smiles. I taught him a new trick this morning.

This post was modified 4 months ago by Charlie
ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2018 3:11 pm PositiveDog liked
AmongTrees
(@amongtrees)
Fantastic Member

That sounds like fun.  🙂  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2018 3:21 pm Charlie liked
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Fantastic Member
Posted by: Charlie

We go out at 4.50am every day. This morning we walked  towards the local shopping strip so I can let Charlie off the leash. I will take a photo the next time we walk that way.
We do lots of dog parkour where Charlie goes "up" on seats and steps, and does "legs" where he just puts his front legs up on different shop window ledges and steps. He gives me the biggest smiles. I taught him a new trick this morning.

That sounds like fun but wow its early,, during the hot weather we have been up and out by 6,30 but 4.50 am? Im still sound asleep!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2018 11:33 pm Charlie liked
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Fantastic Member

This morning we went to the woods ,,there is a place there where some spooky old gravestones from an abandoned church were put. (no one is buried there) I like to try to read the old texts but some are very worn. We saw a bird of prey and a swan in the middle of the path as well of lots of deer tracks but no deer this morning.

DSCN9679

DSCN9684

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2018 11:40 pm Charlie liked
Charlie
(@charlie)
Great Member

@mad-murphy It is early but I'm used to it now. 🙂 Charlie can be very anxious of other dogs and new people so I take him out early so he can have a relaxing walk in peace. We thankfully don't see too many dogs at that time especially now in winter.
In the summer we sometimes go out even earlier to beat the heat.

You go to fascinating places!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 2:03 am Mad Murphy liked
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Fantastic Member

@Charlie I think its great that you make the effort to give Charlie a peaceful stressfree walk.

Our walks are also designed to avoid people as much as possible. Murphy is a bit nervous (which is why I am starting classes soon) but my OH is also not happy around strangers so walking early and in out of the way places works for them both.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 2:20 am Charlie liked
Charlie
(@charlie)
Great Member

I'd love to hear about your classes when you start them. I hope they help.  @mad-murphy

I had a trainer come to the house in 2016 to help me with Charlie boy.  It took me ages to find the right trainer but she transformed our lives for the better.  Best decision I ever made.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 2:30 am Mad Murphy liked
AmongTrees
(@amongtrees)
Fantastic Member

Oooo.  That grave stone is remarkable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 4:14 am Charlie liked
Charlie
(@charlie)
Great Member

@mad-murphy This morning we walked the long way to a sports field then home via the local school. Charlie loves going to the school. It was too dark to get very good photos for you but I tried. 🙂

dark

school

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 2:40 pm Griff Mom, AmongTrees, Mad Murphy and 1 people liked
Page 1 / 7 Next
Share: