Todays walk  

Page 9 / 13
  RSS
MariaandNikita
(@mariaandnikita)
Fantastic Member

Beautiful sunrise @mad-murphy love pink skies! So worth getting up early!

@kitispie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2019 6:36 pm
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member
Posted by: TheOneWithTheThumbs

i know that jealously is not very ladylike but... omg! so jealous!!  you all have such beautiful places to walk your fuzzy friends! 

i don't usually take my phone with me when i walk a dog (more likely to break my phone than have an emergency that warrants carrying my phone)  but now i'm going to have to...  

I'll admit I am hopeless with a phone camera thingy.. So I tote an actual camera around, Im getting quite good at taking photos one handed these days too. I get Murphy to sit and then while holding him in my left hand I snap with the right!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2019 1:42 am
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member

I need a new weather app.. We left when it was still quite dark but the app said 0% chance of rain.. Well it poured then it turned to icy snowy sleet.! But none of that was stopping Murphy from having his walk in the woods and we did see some interesting things...

DSCN1116

DSCN1132

DSCN1147
DSCN1134

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2019 2:02 am
Griff Mom, PharmacySheep, AmongTrees and 1 people liked
AmongTrees
(@amongtrees)
Fantastic Member

Are those roe deer, @mad-murphy?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2019 4:35 pm
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member
Posted by: AmongTrees

Are those roe deer, @mad-murphy?

Yes. There are loads of them in local woodland and fields. Cant wait until the babies are born...they are so cute.

Just adding to this we nearly trod on a deer this morning ! what a shock wandering along chatting and in the reeds about 2 foot away a crash and a roe deer came straight out in front of us. Not sure who was more shocked we stood there looking at each other and then it shook its head and wandered off leaving Murphy very excited.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Mad Murphy
ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2019 10:05 pm
AmongTrees
(@amongtrees)
Fantastic Member

Haha - that must have been something!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2019 4:27 am
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member
Posted by: AmongTrees

Haha - that must have been something!

It made us 😮.. we are used to pheasants suddenly flying out of the reeds but not deer!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2019 6:39 am
AmongTrees
(@amongtrees)
Fantastic Member

Sometimes there is a barred owl in the woods where we walk.  The owl will call out loudly and make us jump.  🙂  

The link below shows a barred owl and you can hear the call.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2019 7:11 am
PharmacySheep
(@pharmacysheep)
Fantastic Member

Love it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2019 4:57 pm
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member

@AmongTrees ... wow... Ive only seen one owl here by daylight (early morning) although we do see them sometimes flying as dark shadows in the park at night.

The barred owl  doesnt live here so thats so it was nice to see a type I dont know.. They are such graceful and mysterious birds.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/01/2019 3:02 am
Griff Mom liked
AmongTrees
(@amongtrees)
Fantastic Member

I love to hear the owls in the woods around my house.  We have little screech owls, barred owls and long-eared owls.  I'm the only person on the road that hasn't logged my land, so the owls like it here.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/01/2019 3:27 am
AmongTrees
(@amongtrees)
Fantastic Member

I had a little woodland visitor walking up and down my driveway this morning.  The photo is blue because of the early morning light and the snow, and my cheap camera doesn't have a snow filter.  It's a little opossum dragging its tail as it walks.   🤩 

IMG 1473

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2019 7:52 am
PharmacySheep, Griff Mom, Mad Murphy and 1 people liked
MariaandNikita
(@mariaandnikita)
Fantastic Member

Awww I love animal tracks 🐾 I’m always looking when we’re out for walks ❤️

@kitispie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2019 8:28 am
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member

Love de-ciphering tracks.. Recently we tracked an otter family for ages just from the tracks they left.

We see deer tracks a lot too, they are not hard to de-cipher but the birds are much more difficult.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2019 10:22 am
Mad Murphy
(@mad-murphy)
Amazing Member

Its turning cold here. Yesterday - 5 and this morning was a chilly -10. It sounds worse than it is because its dry and windless so the cold is nice.

We pull on woolly hats and gloves and Murphy has some paw wax to help protect his paws against the cold frozen ground but he enjoys the crunchy grass.

DSCN1587
DSCN1586
DSCN1583
DSCN1414

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2019 3:11 am
Page 9 / 13
Share:
Would you like to receive my Red & Howling Cartoons, Helpful Pet Tips & More - delivered to your inbox for free every week? Get in on the fun and join over 300K+ Red & Howling fans by signing up now!

Buy art. Do good.
shop.redandhowling.com
©2019 redandhowling.com All rights reserved