I’ve wanted to create this cartoon FOREVER. Most critters are harmless and simply want to live out their little lives in peace.
Spiders are particularly special to me because they are truly magnificent creatures.
Without spiders, insect populations would explode, decimating our food crops, and ecological balance would be severely compromised.
7 Things you probably don’t know about spiders:
1. Spiders avoid people and are much more afraid of us than we are of them.
2. Spiders are not bloodsuckers and they do not feed on humans.
3. The majority of spiders are not toxic to humans.
4. Many spiders are not capable of piercing human flesh.
5. Only about a dozen of the approximately 40,000 spider species worldwide can cause serious harm.
6. Spider silk is stronger than steel and more elastic than nylon. The ancient Greeks used spider silk to stop bleeding wounds.
7. Many scientists believe that without spiders, the human race would die within months because of lack of food and insect borne diseases.
Want to get more of my cartoons, stories and fun freebies delivered right to your inbox?
Join my Red and Howling family now!
Join over 700,000 Red and Howling Fans!
|I'll keep your email safe, and will never send you spam—only SMILES!|
Red and Howling Dogs Make Life Better T-Shirt
(Also available at shop.redandhowling.com)
I have been putting spiders outside for decades just this very way. I would have a Ph.D. in spiders if I could have studied all the different kinds that have cropped up on our house. They are wonderful creatures. Thank you for helping them get their due and showing people how to take care of them.
All creatures great & small have a place on this earth.I do not mind the spiders,crickets & the like who co exist happily in my house.
I love this video ♥️♥️♥️
🕷🕸🦋🐞🐝🐜🐛🐌 have all found their way into my house at some point.
It’s a race between me and the dogs, simply because they are curious and can accidentally squash the wee fellas(or ladies😊)
I tend to leave house spiders in the house, they gobble up fruit flies and all manner of nasties.
I’m not keen on them being on the ceiling though, I remove them and pop them in a house plant,lol.
Thank you for your beautiful art and posts, your the best.xxxx😘😘
How wonderful that you relocate spiders to a house plant—I love that!T hank you for being kind to our fellow travelers on this planet and thank you for your lovely message! xoAmy
Thank you for the info most of which I knew because I LOVE SPIDERS! I have never been afraid of them and I have had a pet one – not confined in any way. It lived above my bed and I fed it flies and mosquitos. However in Australia we do have 3 of the not-so-nice ones, funnel webs(which we don’t yet have where I live), red backs and white tails. I just put them outside if I find them. I love your cartoons and videos, being an animal and bird lover! 😘